In a more and more globalised and fast paced business environment, increasingly companies must respond to that challenge with strategic systematic approaches, without losing flexibility. Without professional and successful project management this is not conceivable.
This course provides insights into the essential principles of modern project management. The whole course design is related to the question of what ‘project success’ means.
Course Structure: 3 modules of 4 hours each, delivered over 3 days
Each day will consist of 1 module, including ample time for breaks.
Course Level: Foundation / Skill
Duration: 3 days
Instructor: Rüdiger Geist
Designed for you, if you are...
- A program manager, project manager, functional manager, team member or bid manager, responsible for designing, managing and delivering successful projects
- Keen to learn more about the project life cycle and improve your project management skills
- New to project management
How we build your confidence
According to a study about Project Management Training, sponsored by the PM College, live remote instructor-led training is an effective method of project management training.
Therefore this course is based on
- Live presentations and Q&A sessions
- Realistic examples and exercises
The benefits from attending
By the end of the course you will feel confident in your understanding of:
- How projects are selected and initiated
- What 'agile' means and how it works
- What project success means and why projects fail
- Who stakeholders are and how to address them
- Why communication is one of the major success factors
- What planning means and how powerful it can be
- Why risk management is more than brainstorming
- Introduction to project management
- Project selection and project portfolio management
- Project success factors
- Roles and responsibilities
- The sixfold constraint
- The nine knowledge areas of project management
- Communication and what we can learn from psychology about it
- Conflict management
Customer Feedback"Thorough, comprehensive coverage of agenda. Thank you for a very good course." - Sr. Geologist at Idemitsu Petroleum
"I felt strengthened and really updated, it was very useful" - Engineer at Mellitah Oil & Gas
"The instructor was willing to tailor the course on request for participant need, useful discussions (not all lectures)" - Sr. Geologist at SGS Horizon