Designed for you, if you are...
- A professional at any level working in Process Engineering
Prerequisites: Professionals with any engineering qualifications as well as those conversant with basic principles of minimisation and preliminary knowledge of basic statistics shall derive maximum benefit.
How we build your confidence
- Highly interactive course
- Practical examples will be presented and adequate exposure will be provided to the participants through exercises
- The instructor is skilled in reconciling flow readings and experienced in training engineers on the basics of this application
The benefits from attending
By the end of the course you will feel confident in your understanding of:
- Essence and importance of data reconciliation in metering
- Common types of errors in metering
- Weeding out irrelevant data
- The technique of error minimisation and reconciliation of data
TopicsWhat is Data Reconciliation and its significance?Types of errors in industrial meteringThe Bell Curve and the Probability Distribution FunctionThe Z Score for filtering out outliers from dataThe IQR (Inter Quartile Range) method for weeding out the outliersThe Box and Whisker representationManifestation of the Box & Whisker representation on Bell CurveRelation between the Z Score and IQR methodAdvanced techniques for weeding out the outliersThe weighted least squares method for minimisationLocal vs. the global minima, acceptance criterionEffect of standard deviation on reconciliation processThe concept of redundancy of flow meteringMinimisation of gross errorsCalculable and non-calculable systemsThe gas compression processFlow metered data of gas compressors - reconciling within (no custody transfer)Real-life data of flowmeters - custody transfer