This broad-spectrum course covers fundamentals and best practices of modern petroleum production engineering by providing an understanding of integrated production systems, from reservoir to surface.
The course begins with a review of the basic principles of reservoir, wellbore and surface network modelling, to then present solutions to couple together the different elements of a production system. Emphasis will be placed on field performance enhancement and maintenance operations.
The course will also teach how to optimise a production system and maximise the recoverable reserves from a field given the physical constraints dictated by the production system itself and knowing the limitations of current modelling tools.
Course Structure: 9 modules of 1½ hours each, delivered over 3 days
Each day will consist of 3 modules, split into units of 1½ hours, followed by a 20 min break.
Course Level: Foundation / Skill
Instructor: Gioia Falcone
Designed for you, if you are...
- A petroleum engineer, process engineer, development geologist, oilfield production manager or field engineer with a limited background in production engineering
How we build your confidence
- Theoretical concepts complemented by worked examples and short films
The benefits from attending
By the end of the course you will feel confident in your understanding of:
- Fundamentals of integrated production systems
- Best practices to optimise a production system and maximise reserves
- Introduction to integrated production systems
- Reservoir inflow characterisation
- Well completions
- Flow modelling in pipes
- System analysis: linking the reservoir, the near-wellbore, the wellbore and the surface facilities
- Artificial lift
- Well stimulation
- Flow measurement and production allocation
- Planning short-, medium- and long-term optimisation of field management
Customer Feedback"The course covered the entirety of associated topics and gave an excellent overview and insight. Highly experienced trainer and well balanced timing." - Project Team Leader at MOL
"The course covered a lot in a very logical organised way." - Well Performance Engineer at NOC
"The instructor has an excellent ability to deliver the information in an easy way" - Petroleum Engineer at Qatar Petroleum
"Good balance between theoretical and practical (in situ) data/situations" - Engineer at Partex