This course gives you a better understanding of well & reservoir management and provides best practice examples how to manage your reservoir optimally to achieve a higher recovery factor.
Course Structure: 15 modules of 1½ hours each, delivered over 5 days
Each day will consist of 3 modules of 1½ hours, incl. a 15 min break.
Course Level: Skill
Duration: 5 days
Instructor: Emina Buket Ulker
Designed for you, if you are...
- A reservoir or petroleum engineer or a geoscientist responsible for the day-to-day management of reservoirs to improve their performance
The course can be given at any level depending on the audience’s experience.
How we build your confidence
- Power point presentations
- Interactive exercises
The benefits from attending
By the end of the course you will feel confident in your understanding of:
- Awareness of how to increase the asset value
- Applying the principles of sound reservoir management: How to plan field development and monitor reservoir performance
- Using the interdisciplinary collaboration to efficient reservoir management
- The importance of timing and cost vs. benefit analysis
Topics What do we mean by Reservoir Management?
What is new in Reservoir Management?
- Course objectives
- Definition of Reservoir Management (RM)
- Concept of RM
- RM technology shift
- The importance of teamwork
- Sources and acquisition of reservoir data
- The 'old' sequential approach
- The 'new' integrated / iterative way of RM
Reservoir Management Process
- The importance of reservoir characterisation
- Getting to understand your reservoir
- What is important in data acquisition?
The Technology Toolkit: Understanding the Reservoir
- The ultimate objective: Increase the value of assets
- Possible targets - optimise / maximise / accelerate production, reduce cost, decrease risks, contingency plans, flexibility
- Planning a field development - What are the key elements?
- Monitoring well / reservoir performance
- Evaluating results by comparison of actual performance against prediction
- Static and Dynamic Modelling: Review of available systems, selection on the methodology and software
- The importance of technical and technological competency
- Integration of geological, geophysical and engineering data
- Describing the reservoir: The static model
- Describing the reservoir behaviour: The dynamic model and reservoir simulation
- Reservoir surveillance: Monitoring performance and analysing the data, QC the reservoir understanding by actual well behaviour
- Setting reservoir for predictions
- Infill wells / sidetracks - where to drill?
- Well production / injection rates?
Adding Economic Value (optional)
- Maximise value through ultimate recovery and improved recovery
- Techniques to maximise economic recovery, cost vs. benefit, bbl/$
- Minimising CAPEX, OPEX and risk
- Net cash flow
- How timing will affect the value
- Investment decision
- Project selection and revision
Customer Feedback"I like the flexibility of the instructor. She accepts change and does not stick to a specific way of conducting the course material." - Senior Production Technologist at Daleel Petroleum
"The instructor was able to explain and answer questions very clearly." - Reservoir Engineer at Daleel Petroleum
"Great Instructor with comprehensive information." - Production Technologist at Daleel Petroleum
"Good refresher course, I like the instructor's knowledge." - Production Technologist at Daleel Petroleum