This course is an updated learning experience, taking account of the new ways of working in a post-pandemic environment.
We are all in the midst of reacting to the need for rapidly changing work practices. Just a short time ago we were all talking about the impact of the fourth industrial revolution through digitalisation, whereas now we are experiencing it at a time of almost unimaginable global disruption.
Today, we are all in an environment that requires rapid change in the way we work, but at its core ensures that people's complex needs are not lost. Unprecedented times like these are the call for great leaders and managers. Those who show real leadership will be those who adopt new styles to succeed in a world of mass disruption. They need to think, act and design differently and build a business model of flexibility, not stability.
Course Structure: 4 modules of 4 hours each, delivered over 4 days
Course Level: All Levels
Duration: 4 days
Instructor: Tony Copeman
Designed for you, if you are...
- A team leader, supervisor, manager or divisional leader
- In any role where you have responsibility for others: operational, technical, commercial or administrative
This workshop has been designed for all professionals who need to have the skills at hand to rapidly adapt and to help others do the same.
How we build your confidenceThis course content has been designed to be delivered via a live Remote Instructor-Led platform and consists of 4 modules delivered over 4 days.
Throughout the sessions delegates will be working in small breakout rooms within the platform and regrouping to share their learning and actions.
The benefits from attendingThis course comprises four short modules designed specifically to provide managers and leaders with the key skills required to be effective in today's challenging environment where mass disruption is the new norm.
TopicsModule 1: Engagement and Communication in the remote Workplace
Module 2: People Development - essential for long term survival
- Why employee engagement has never been so important, and what to do about it
- Adapting to new communication styles that have rapidly become so very different
- The lines between verbal and non-verbal communication are becoming blurred yet never so important
- Influencing using virtual platforms - be seen and heard in the right way
- Clear and concise, yet personable and respectful
- Effective and active listening
- Building a communication strategy for your team
Module 3: Performance Management
- People development from a “push” to a “pull” through servant, leadership
- Using situation leadership to become an agile leader
- SMarTer - the tool for keeping everyone’s work aligned
- PAID - the structure for all development-based conversations
Module 4: Help your team strive in the new norm
- Why regular performance-based conversations are so important now
- Coaching, mentoring and delegating. Get them right and make them powerful
- People development must not stop - how to build it in
- The Change Adoption Curve - explained and how to work through it
- Helping your team to cope with the new norm
- Maslow, Hertzberg and other tools to help support your team as they go through a rollercoaster
- Applying EQ everyday
- The changing workplace and using disruption to help with success