- Recap of well and reservoir performance (fluid properties, outflow and inflow performance)
- Use of pressure gradient plots for ESP design and diagnosis
- Review of ESP systems equipment, components and physics of operation
- Design, diagnosis and practical troubleshooting techniques for start-up and operation
- Power supply quality and issues with variable frequency drives
- Workshop sessions and tutorials covering the design and diagnosis of ESP systems with Prosper
Each day will include practical workshop sessions illustrating the application of theory to ESP well models. Participants are encouraged to bring field data and examples to interpret and analyse.In-House Presentation / Workshop:
During the 4-day session the instructor would aim to use client’s well data throughout and participants should be able to build, validate and diagnose their own wells. Each day will include practical workshop exercises using commercial software (Prosper from Petroleum Experts).
The course is designed to be highly interactive and the instructor is always open to answering questions as they arise. There will also be an opportunity for the participants to spend some time (1/2 day) looking at other lift methods used in their field (e.g. gas lift wells).