This course covers the selection, design, diagnosis and troubleshooting of the major artificial lift methods (primarily ESPs and gas lift, although others will be considered) for both conventional and unconventional reservoirs. You will gain an appreciation of the key concepts involved in the analysis of artificial lift methods for challenging environments and a practical understanding of trend analysis and pattern recognition to solve operational problems. Well modelling software (Prosper) will be used by the instructor to illustrate design and troubleshooting techniques and applications with real field examples.
Course Structure: 12 modules of 1½ hours each, delivered over 4 days
Each day will consist of 3 modules, split into units of 1½ hours, with multiple breaks.
Course Level: Skill / Advanced
Duration: 4 days
Instructor: Alastair Baillie
Designed for you, if you are...
- Petroleum engineering or field staff involved in the selection, design, operation or troubleshooting of artificial lift systems (for standard or unconventional reservoir applications, particularly in challenging environments (deep, hot, gassy wells etc.).
How we build your confidence
- Combination of live instructor-led training coupled with self-directed learning, live Q&A sessions and group discussions
The benefits from attending
By the end of the course you will feel confident in your understanding of:
- Artificial lift methods, concepts of operation and equipment
- Selection criteria for challenging well conditions
- How to perform design procedures for artificial lift wells
- How to recognise the correct data required for well analysis
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting artificial lift well performance following a logical workflow
- Optimising the artificial lift system for production and long term reliability
- Recap of well and reservoir performance (fluid properties, outflow and inflow performance)
- Use of pressure gradient plots for artificial lift well design and diagnosis
- Review of artificial lift systems components and physics of operation
- Special considerations for the application of artificial lift to unconventional reservoirs
- Design, diagnosis and practical troubleshooting techniques for start-up and operation
- Workshop sessions and tutorials covering building and matching of well models
Customer Feedback"The course was very informative and I have spent time with pleasure and got lots of useful data." - Sr. Production Foreman at Ukrnaftoburinnya
"It was an amazing experience. I got a lot of new information and I will take it into account and try to use the approaches in my further job." - Process Engineer at Ukrnaftoburinnya
"The instructor was very experienced and excellent. Focus on topics was great." - Sr. Engineer at ADCO
"Well organised, easy-to-understand style of presentation and examples." - Petroleum Engineer at ADCO