This course will teach you how to use geostatistical tools to create high quality petroleum reservoir models. Fundamental techniques such as kriging and sequential simulation will be covered along with more recent developments, e.g. Boolean methods and multipoint geostatistics.
Course Level: Skill
Duration: 5 days
Instructor: Todd Hoffman
Designed for you, if you are...
- A geoscientist or an engineer who wants to use geostatistics to create better reservoir models
How we build your confidence
- This course covers some theory but is mainly focused on practical applied procedures that can be used to create models.
- You will employ an easy-to-use modelling software to put many of the techniques into practice by building basic models.
- The class culminates with a multipart project that incorporates much of what was learned during the week.
The benefits from attending
By the end of the course you will feel confident in your knowledge of:
- How to build a reservoir model from available geologic and engineering data
- How to use particular techniques for model building
- The general concepts and equations behind the techniques
- Introduction to petroleum geostatistics: Why? When? & How?
- Review statistics & linear algebra
- Data analysis
- Geological continuity
- Simple and ordinary kriging
- Advanced kriging techniques
- Sequential simulations
- Boolean / object based techniques
- Flow based modelling techniques
- Multiple-point geostatistical models
- Incorporating secondary data-CoKriging
- Incorporating secondary data-CoSimulation
Customer Feedback"The course subject is well explained." - Reservoir Geologist at ADNOC Onshore
"The instructor provided good examples on the topics covered in addition to the exercises" - Geophysicist at ADNOC Onshore
"The presentation was well organised, daily reviews, good explanations for the statistical techniques used, instructor had a good knowledge of the matter." - Geologist at RAG
"Easy to understand, explained very clearly, the instructor was very helpful." - Geologist at KOC