This course focuses on fundamentals of miscible, chemical and thermal oil recovery methods.
Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) projects are usually handled by multidisciplinary teams. This course targets technical staff not involved in detailed engineering design and non-technical staff involved in the legal, financial and decision-making aspects of EOR projects.
Course Level: Foundation
Instructor: Leonhard Ganzer
Designed for you, if you are...
- Interested in EOR methods or involved in EOR projects
- A petroleum engineer, field operations employee, laboratory researcher, geoscientist or government employee
How we build your confidenceThe theoretical and practical aspects of the various EOR processes are discussed along with examples and case histories. You will be encouraged to engage in discussions based on your experience.
Videos and examples will strengthen your understanding of the displacement processes.
The benefits from attending
By the end of the course you will feel confident in your understanding of:
- The concepts and ideas of displacement efficiency
- The fundamentals of various EOR methods
- EOR screening and pilot testing
- Field case histories of various EOR projects around the globe
- Introduction to EOR methods
- Reservoir engineering principles
- Displacement efficiency
- Chemical EOR methods
- Gas injection processes
- Thermal EOR
- Other EOR methods
- EOR screening criteria and EOR field pilots
Customer Feedback"I love the high level of knowledge the instructor has, and his ability to answer all questions. One of the best courses I have attended." - Reservoir Engineer at PDO
"The instructor delivers the information in a good way. He is a pedagogue and very, very knowledgeable." - Reservoir Technician at Sonatrach
"It introduces all EOR technologies, even the recent ones, the material was well organised & useful" - Engineer at PDO
"Very applicable to current projects in my company." - Sr. Reservoir Engineer at ADCO