This interactive, applications-driven course will highlight the techniques and principles of well log interpretation for oil industry professionals who deal with wireline and/or LWD logs in their daily job.
The course will explore the tools response explained from their physical principles as well as their relationship with the rock and fluid properties; most existing open hole logging technologies will be covered explaining their main applications and limitations. Advanced interpretation methods will be discussed with numerous examples and exercises including complex lithology interpretation techniques.
This training course will feature:
- Discussions on tools physical principles and applications
- Tool limitations on different borehole environments
- Tips and examples to identify and understand common logging issues
- Explanation of petrophysical concepts and techniques for advanced formation evaluation using wireline and LWD logs
- Application of interpretation methods in several examples and exercises
4 modules of max. 4 hours each, delivered over 4 days
Each day will consist of 1 module which will be no more than 4 hours in length with ample time for delegates to break for refreshments.Course Level:
Foundation / SkillDuration: