This interactive, applications-driven course will highlight the techniques and principles of formation evaluation for oil industry professionals who deal with wireline and/or LWD logs in their job.
The course will explore the tools response to different lithologies and will help you understand log readings, applications and limitations as well as their correlation with core analysis data. It will instruct you with the basic Petrophysical concepts as well as the log interpretation techniques and procedures for the correct evaluation of well logs on clean and shaly sand formations.
This training course will feature:
- Discussions on tools physical principles and applications
- Tool limitations on different borehole environments
- Tips and examples to identify and understand common logging issues
- Explanation of petrophysical concepts and techniques for formation evaluation
- Use of core analysis data in log interpretation
- Application of interpretation methods in several examples and exercises
5 modules of max. 4 hours each, delivered over 5 days
Each day will consist of 1 module which will be no more than 4 hours in length with ample time for delegates to break for refreshments.Course Level:
Foundation / SkillInstructor: