At each phase of the field life cycle, the protection of environment is an essential process aiming at minimising the impacts of operations: exploration/drilling - project/development - commissioning/production - abandonment/decommissioning. As with any process, respect for the environment will be deployed in a continuous improvement loop in order to monitor and improve the operator's performance.
This course is a complete and in-depth review of the environmental issues as managed by the oil & gas operator and its contractors.
It is essential to understand the pollution and impacts of operations on the environment. The course will then detail the regulatory framework: The International Conventions and codes, best available techniques and the Environmental Baseline Study carried out at the early stage of operations.
The course will explain what an Environmental Impact Assessment is and how it evolves towards a Health and Societal Study in order to meet the operator's local content requirements and the company's commitment to social responsibility.
The Environmental Management System will be reviewed together with all the plans and procedures included in the system.
Finally, in order to ensure continuous improvement, we will review the key performance indicators (KPIs) used to monitor and improve its performance in terms of environmental protection.
Course Structure: 6 modules of max. 2 hours each, delivered over 3 days
Each day will consist of 2 x 2-hour modules including a 30 min. break in between.
Course Level: Skill
Duration: 3 days
Instructor: Serge Majoulet or Paul Adrian
Designed for you, if you are...
- Head of HSE department, HSE engineer, HSE superintendent: All personnel involved in the monitoring of operator and contractor performance in terms of respect for the environment
How we build your confidence
- Live instructor-led training
- This course will give you a strong theoretical background by providing a solid and meticulous documentation that you will be able to use in your working position as a reference
- The course will also make extensive use of case studies and exercises
- When appropriate, videos will complement and support the theory
The benefits from attendingAt the end of this course, you will be able to handle environmental issues in the operations of operators and contractors: From the regulatory aspect, identification and reduction of impacts to performance monitoring.
- Technological concept
- Operational management
- Individual awareness
- Pollution & impact of operations on the environment
- Regulatory frame - Best available techniques - Environmental baseline study
- International environmental conventions, Codes, Guidelines
- BAT - EBS
- Environmental baseline study continued
- BAT - EBS
- Environmental & social impact assessment
- ESIA content
- Impact severity evaluation
- Mitigation measures
- ESIA validation
- Environmental management plans & procedures
- Definition & description
- The Standard ISO 14001
- EMS – EMP - WMP - CMP – SOPEP - OSCP
- Monitoring & KPIs
- Monitoring & measurements
- IOGP environmental performance indicators